Political introductions during election season
As a courtesy to public servants, The Milton Scene accepts political candidacy announcements for local elections.
No independently-posted candidacy announcements are permitted on the Milton Neighbors Facebook group.
Announcements must be submitted via The Milton Scene. This is to ensure fairness for all candidates.
Candidacy announcements are due to The Milton Scene 10 days prior to Election Day.
Candidacy announcements received after the due date will not be posted on The Milton Scene or in Milton Neighbors.
How to submit your announcement to The Milton Scene:
- Please send your announcement in Microsoft Word or within your email.
- Please do not send PDFs, fliers, or images.
- Please do not format your content with different fonts, etc. We will be formatting your content to fit The Milton Scene template.
- When referencing event times, please use this style: Feb. 4, 2024, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- We recommend 400 words or less.
- Free courtesy announcement date, placement, etc. cannot be reserved.
- Please email your submission to [email protected].
- Submissions sent after the deadline will not be published.
- Please send your writing and image in separate files
- The standard size that we use for your candidacy photo is 777 x 437 px. JPG or PNG file formats preferred
We will not accept your announcement if:
- You send us your announcement text in a flier, an image or a pdf
- You must send your announcement in Microsoft Word or text within an email
Just to reiterate…
Did you read this part…?
Do NOT send fliers or images of your announcement!
We will NOT post it!
Advertising for political candidates:
Advertising opportunities are available for political candidates.