Political introductions during election season
As a courtesy to public servants, the Milton Scene accepts political candidacy announcements for local elections. No independently-posted candidacy announcements are permitted on the Milton Neighbors Facebook group. Announcements must be submitted via The Milton Scene. This is to ensure fairness for all candidates.
Candidacy announcements are due to The Milton Scene two weeks prior to Election Day. Candidacy announcements received after the due date will not be posted on The Milton Scene or in Milton Neighbors.
How to submit your announcement to The Milton Scene:
- Please email your submission to [email protected].
- Submissions sent after the deadline will not be published.
- Please send your announcement in Microsoft Word.
- Please do not send fliers or PDFs.
- Please do not format your content with different fonts, etc. We will be formatting your content to fit The Milton Scene template.
- When referencing event times, please use this style: Feb. 4, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- We recommend 600 words or less.
- A photo is recommended.
- Free courtesy announcement date, placement, etc. cannot be reserved.
Photos and images:
- Please send your writing and images in separate files (do not embed an image in a PDF or Microsoft Word page).
- The standard size that we use is 777 x 437 px. JPG or PNG file formats preferred.
Advertising for political candidates:
Advertising opportunities are available for political candidates.