Objective of The Milton Scene:
The mission of The Milton Scene is to connect members of the Milton, MA community through news, events, local resources and recommendations (contractors, plumbers, cleaners, etc.). Letters/opinion can also be submitted to The Milton Scene for engaging the community in dialogue about issues concerning the Town.
We have put together some information and guidelines for you to consider when putting together your submission.
Our policy on posting events in Milton:
- Town events and news: we make every effort to post official Town of Milton news and events.
- We will post all events hosted at the Milton Public Library that are included in the Library’s monthly press release of events. We do not post additional events hosted at the Milton Public Library, which are not in the monthly press release. Those events may be posted via paid advertising.
Our non-profit posting policy:
Political candidacy introductions:
As a courtesy to public servants, The Milton Scene accepts political candidacy announcements for local elections. Political candidates located in Milton’s precincts 1-2 as well as state representative and state senate candidates for Norfolk, Plymouth and Bristol counties may submit their candidacy announcements. How to submit a candidacy announcement. We reserve the right to edit any submission.
Letters and commentary should focus on an issue that directly impacts Milton – for example, traffic, public safety, airplane pollution, local elections, schooling, etc. Letters and commentary that contain direct, personal attacks will not be published. We reserve the right to edit any submission. During election season, opinion pieces are due 10 days prior to the day of the election.
How to submit your story or event to The Milton Scene:
- Please email your submission to [email protected].
- Please send your event info at least 10 days before the event date.
- Please send any written content in Microsoft Word.
- Please do not send fliers. The Milton Scene does not post fliers.
- Please do not format your content with different fonts, etc. We will be formatting your content to fit The Milton Scene’s template.
- When referencing event times, please use this style: Feb. 4, 2019, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- We recommend 600 words or less.
- We reserve the right to edit any submission.
Photos and images:
- Due to copyright risks, we only use our own stock photos for the majority of stories.
- If you would like to include your own photos, you will need to purchase a Sponsored Story.
- We do not post photos with images or logos on them. This requires the purchase of a Sponsored Story.
Guest blog posts:
The Milton Scene occasionally showcases local talent and expertise to its viewers through individual guest blog posts from health experts, home improvement experts, etc.