FOX25 Morning News is on the road this summer for the 12th season of Zip Trips! Every Friday morning from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m., we’re live in cities and towns across New England. Our next stop – Milton, MA at Cunningham Park (75 Edge Hill Road) on Friday, June 26th.
FOX25 will visit 15 cities and towns through September 4th, 2015. FOX25 Morning News Anchors Gene Lavanchy, Sara Underwood, Daniel Miller, Sorboni Banerjee, and Meteorologist Shiri Spear along with FOX25’s “Around Town” Host Michele Lazcano and Rich DiMare of “The Matty in the Morning Show” on Kiss 108 will be broadcasting LIVE highlighting what’s unique and special about each Zip Trip location.
Zip Trips are a mix of live guests, taped pieces, and special segments that capture the charm and appeal of the cities and towns we feature. Residents and viewers are invited to show up early each Friday and watch the live broadcast.
“We’re so excited to be back on the road with Zip Trips in 2015.” said FOX25 Morning News Co-host Gene Lavanchy. “It’s a wonderful way for us to meet viewers in communities all around the Bay State and in New Hampshire. Every town has a story to tell, and it’s our honor and privilege to tell it.”
FOX25’s “Around Town” Host Michele Lazcano and Rich DiMare of “The Matty in the Morning Show” on Kiss 108 will join the Zip Trip team this year for the first of our 15 shows and every Friday through the finale on September 4th.
Michele has been producing Zip Trips since the series launched in 2003. Michele is a multiple Emmy, Edward R. Murrow and Gabriel Award-winning Television Producer with deep roots in New England. She grew up and resides in Scituate, MA with her family. Michele recalls when Zip Trips rolled into her hometown back in 2006. “So many friends and neighbors showed up to watch FOX25 set up shop on the waterfront that morning. I was so proud to have the opportunity to help shine a light on so many of the great people and beautiful landmarks that make up my town. The energy from the residents from every city or town we visit really helps make each trip special for everyone involved. People are excited to be in the spotlight and they’re ready to roll out the red carpet and show off their community to the rest of New England!”
Rich DiMare has worked for KISS 108 since 2003. He’s the Producer of the Kiss Top 30 Countdown hosted by Billy Costa, and the man behind the funny sound clips on Matty in the Morning. His KISS 108 segment “Rich Goes on The Bus” takes you on the actual tour bus of famous artists that come to Boston. He’s interviewed celebrities such as Pitbull, Ed Sheeran, Jennifer Lopez, and Enrique. His favorite interview was with Will Ferrell.
“I’m thrilled to be joining FOX25 for the Friday morning Zip Trips! The Matty Show is a part of so many people’s mornings. I am excited to get out of the studio and come have fun with you in your hometown!”
The FOX25 Morning News crew has made stops in more than 200 communities. The live broadcasts give citizens across New England “bragging rights” and a chance to show us what makes their hometown a great place to live.
Neighbors, residents and kids of all ages who want to share their “Milton Pride” are encouraged to be part of our live audience June 26th! Explore the town, meet the people, and enjoy all that Milton has to offer!
- Firehouse Fridays: Milton’s finest will be honored for all they do
- Home Town Hero: Meet the local hero who helps out whenever needed! We’ll feature a resident who’s making a difference
- Home Town Team: A salute to a youth or senior team ranging from baseball and soccer to the local running club!
- On the Market: Why is Milton a great place to live? Preview homes in two price points and hear about schools, services and recreation
- Zip Trip Fan of the Week: We’ll pick someone from the crowd as our Fan of the Week
- High Speed Deal: On-site scavenger hunt game for Zip Trip attendees
- Zip Trip Jr. Reporter: We’ll select a young viewer from the crowd to help us with a few reporter duties
- Town Tour: The FOX25 team explores the best eats, must-see attractions, hidden gems, and little known landmarks
- Morning Warm-up: Rise and shine with a few morning exercises
- Zip Trip attendees will also have the chance to register to win a new Mazda6! Other prizes, games, and free product sampling (while supplies last) will be part of the fun provided by our Zip Trip partners including:
Bernie & Phyl’s Furniture, Canobie Lake Park, Cool Gear, DCU: Digital Federal Credit Union, Dunkin Donuts, KISS 108, New England Mazda Dealers, Mass Fallen Heroes, McGeough Lamacchia Realty, New England Dairy Promotion Board, Planet Fitness, Polar Beverages, Steamship Authority, Teddie Peanut Butter.
For additional information about FOX25 Morning News Zip Trips and a complete schedule visit www.myfoxboston.com.