Milton’s American Legion Post #114 and the administration of the Town of Milton jointly invite you to participate in the Veteran’s Day observance to be held Wednesday, November 11, 2015.
All participants who wish to march in this year’s parade should gather at Milton High School, 25 Gile Road by 10:30 a.m. The parade will proceed from Milton High School to Canton Avenue and onto the Town Hall for the Veteran’s Day services, which will begin at 11:00 a.m.
All veterans, service and church organizations, and scout troops and interested citizens are invited to join Town officials and Legion members in honoring our veterans.
Colonel William F. Sinnott of the United States Marine Corps (Retired) will be the featured speaker. Other participants in this year’s service include State Representative Walter F. Timilty, Milton’s Board of Selectmen, color guards from the Milton Police and Fire Departments, the Milton High School mixed chorus and concert band and many of Milton’s scout troops. Eileen Maher of Milton’s Band of Mothers will also be a featured speaker. Opening and closing prayers will be offered by members of Milton’s clergy.
All residents, friends and relatives are welcome as we honor the men and women in our country’s armed services – those who have served and those who are presently serving.
Veteran’s Day Program:
- Opening Remarks – J. Thomas Hurley, Chairman, of the Board of Selectmen
- Introductory Remarks – Frank Stout, American Legion Post and Master of Ceremonies
- Opening Prayer – Reverend Hall Kirkham, Pastor Saint Michael’s Church
- Remarks – Paul McDonnell, Commander, American Legion Post #114
- General John J. Pershing “Final Orders” – read by Nolan Carvalho, Milton High School senior and Eagle Scout candidate.
- Milton High School Chorus and Concert Band – Armed Forces Medley
- Veteran’s Day Legion Program – Raising and Lowering of the Flag accompanied by Milton High School Mixed Chorus singing the National Anthem.
- Veteran’s Day Featured Speaker – Colonel William F. Sinnott, United States Marine Corp. (Ret.)
- Remarks – Eileen Maher, Band of Mothers
- Comments – State Representative Walter F. Timilty
- Closing Prayer
- Milton High School Concert Band – God Bless America
Be the first to comment on "Milton hosts Veteran’s Day observance"