Written by Hair Expert, Patricia Gervasi.
Winter Haircare and Styling Tips
- Try not to wash your hair every day. Long exposure to hot water can strip the natural oils produced by your scalp which help keep your scalp and hair healthy.
- It’s important to drink enough water to keep your hair hydrated from within. Hair can become dry and brittle during winter. If you treat your hair properly, you’ll avoid having dry hair becoming a big issue.
- Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner is essential during winter months. Include a hair mask in your weekly regimen.
- Try Biolage Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner and LivingProof Night Cap Mask.
- This is especially important for kids: Hat wearing = STATIC
The rule with static is more moisture equals less static. If you’re not using conditioner, it is time to start. Lots of moms tend to use a 2 in 1 shampoo. However, during the colder months, it’s important to condition to avoid static. Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel Cream Conditioner keeps hair hydrated and repels head lice.
- Dryer Sheets or Anti-Static Spray
Wipe down your combs, brushes, even your hair clips where static transfers with a dryer sheet. Biolage makes a great anti-static spray to mist on dry or damp hair and style as usual. It will keep static at bay.
About our Hair Expert:
Patricia Gervasi is the owner of the new salon, Gervasi and Company, located at 167 Beale St in Quincy. Call 617-413-1906 to book an appointment.
Be the first to comment on "Winter Locks: Haircare and Styling Tips from Gervasi & Co."