Household hazardous waste collection day to take place in Milton
October 15, 2016 – 9:00 a.m. – noon
On Saturday, October 15, 2016, the Milton Department of Public Works will hold a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Day for Milton residents. Collection hours are from 9 a.m. to noon. The collection takes place at the DPW Yard (629 Randolph Avenue), rain or shine.
Materials should be left, where possible, in their original containers. Containers should be put in sturdy boxes and placed in the trunk of a vehicle so that contents will be easy to remove. Residents will remain in their vehicles during the entire collection process.
The following items can be brought to the collection:
- Adhesives and glues
- Aerosol cans
- Engine degreaser, brake and transmission fluid
- Hobby and art supplies
- Household cleaners and spot removers
- Non-alkaline batteries (these are found in camcorders, cordless power tools, cordless phones and laptop computers).
- Oil-based paints
- Photo chemicals and chemistry sets
- Poisons, insecticides, pesticides, and weed killers
- Solvents and varnishes
- Swimming pool chemicals
- Waste fuels (kerosene, gasoline)
- Wood preservatives and fiberglass residue
- These items will NOT be accepted:
- Latex paint (Read label – If clean-up calls for soap and water, it is not hazardous and do not bring it to the event) (for information on how to dispose of latex paint, please call the DPW)
- Alkaline batteries such as AA, D, etc. (These can be placed in your trash)
- Mercury-containing items and fluorescent bulbs, appliances, electronics, rechargeable batteries. (These items are accepted at the Recycling Center on the first Saturday of every month)
- Prescription medicine or syringes
- Commercial or industrial waste
Except for the items listed below, the collection is free for Milton residents:
- Tires: $3 each
- Car Batteries: Up to 3 for $3.00
- Waste Oil, Antifreeze: Up to 3 gallons for $3.00
- Propane Tanks: $3.00 each (both large and small tanks)
- Fire Extinguishers $3.00 each
Proof of residency required.
No cash will be accepted. Please pay by personal check or Trash Sticker (Sticker preferred).
For more information or question for materials not listed above, please call the DPW at (617)