Milton Public Schools Return to School Task Force to hold Q&A meeting on July 16, 6:30 p.m.
The Return to School (RTS) Task Force, our many RTS subcommittees and MPS administrators are working every day toward the goal of a safe return to school for students and staff.
We know you have questions and on Thursday, July 16 at 6:30 p.m., we will hold a Return to School Q&A on Zoom with MPS Administrators and members of the RTS Task Force. We do not yet have all the answers as to what school will look like in the fall but we will share what we know, give timelines for additional information, and answer community questions.
In case you’ve missed recent RTS Task Force updates, please see them below.
- A family survey was sent out last week and is open until Friday, July 17. If you have not yet done so, please complete the survey here.
- The MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) released Additional Guidance on Fall Reopening Plans on July 10. One of the takeaways is that DESE is requesting that districts hold off on announcing any final decisions about what reopening will look like for the fall in their district until early August. DESE Commissioner Jeff Riley writes “While preparations for the fall must move forward, we are still waiting for key information that will directly impact the best-fit reopening model for each community”. You can read the full DESE communication here and the DESE updated FAQs here. All previous guidance from DESE can be found on the DESE website and on our Return to School website.
- Our Return to School website is updated often and is a good place to find current RTS information – both at the MPS and state level. Our FAQs are also updated regularly.
- We received 1500 responses on our student survey on remote learning and the data is being compiled by the RTS Family Outreach and Communication Subcommittee. We will share the results as soon as they are available.
- Translated versions of MPS Return to School communications (in Spanish, Haitian Creole, and Portuguese) can be found on the RTS website within 48 hours. Please visit the site at that time to read return to school updates.