Operation CarePax to take place at Milton Council on Aging Oct. 7, 10 a.m. – noon
We will be at the Milton Council on Aging at 10 Walnut Street, Milton, for donations.
The Veterans Services offices in Randolph & Milton announces Operation CarePax. We will be organizing an effort to send care packages to our troops in Afghanistan. I have been provided the mailing addresses of two units deployed to Afghanistan until FEB 2021 and we would like to make sure they get support during their deployment. We would like to ask the residents of our communities to assist with donations. There are 80 soldiers (60 males and 20 females) combined in the two units.
Please follow all appropriate COVID-19 guidelines when dropping off donations for the troops.
We are asking for donations of new, sealed items to keep our troops safe. Please no homemade treats as troops can only accept items that we can be sure are safe. Donations to help with the cost of postage are requested also as each USPS military box costs $19.60 to ship (flat rate for boxes going overseas)
Homemade cards and notes are great and we want to include them in all boxes.
The troops appreciate cards and personal notes.
The troops need:
- Snacks (pop tarts, slim jims, cookies, crackers, single serve cereal boxes, etc)
- Microwavable meals (Ready Mac, Beef stew, etc)
- Body wash and/or shampoo (smaller bottles are best)
- Deodorant (roll on, stick style) and other personal care items
- Baby wipes (small packs that are portable work best)
- Drink mix (flavor pouches that can be used for water bottles)
- Pens, note cards, puzzle books (In new unused condition please)
We will have drive-up donation drop offs at our office – Hope to see you there! Questions? 617-251-7767