COVID-19 testing to take place at Milton High School on Friday, Nov. 20
The following email was shared on November 18, 2020:
Dear MPS Families:
We are pleased to announce that Manet Community Health Center out of Quincy, MA has graciously agreed to set up a COVID 19 testing day at the Milton High School Campus on Friday, November 20th between 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the rear of the building in the Copeland Field House.
With the recent rise in positive cases in the Milton Public Schools and the difficulty some folks expressed about getting tested, this opportunity is for you! Manet Community Health Center will administer the PCR test for any MPS student and/or family member who has been deemed “presumptive positive”, “close contact” or “potentially exposed”.
To help expedite this testing process and to minimize the wait time, please complete the registration form by Thursday, November 19th before 12:00 p.m. and email/fax your completed registration form to [email protected]. We will also have registration forms available on site, but that will delay your wait time. No one will be turned away!
What will you need to complete the registration form?
- Please include your email address so that your results can be sent directly to you
- Please enter insurance information on the registration form clearly
- Please put in subject line of the email “MILTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS”
- Please submit your registration form by 12noon on Thursday November 19, 2020
If you decide to access this testing program, we ask that you follow all health and safety guidelines while on site: 25 Gile Road, Milton, Massachusetts 02186
Day of testing requirements:
- Please bring your insurance card. If you don’t have insurance, Manet can help set you up with an insurance navigator.
- Payment: there will be no payment due at testing. Your insurance will be billed. If you do not have insurance, Manet Community Health Center will afford you the opportunity to meet with insurance navigator, and there is a sliding scale between $20-175.
- Adhere to the 6 ft social distancing requirements.
- Please wear a mask at all times.
- To eliminate the sharing of items i.e. pens, paper, etc., please complete the registration form in advance and fax it to [email protected].
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer.
- Do not attempt to shake hands.
- No one will be turned away, even without registration or without insurance.
- Results will take 48-72 hours typically, negative results will be emailed and positive results will be called.
As a friendly reminder as you make plans for the Thanksgiving holiday, we offer the following considerations to help keep our friends, families, and community safe during COVID-19.
We are about to embark upon the holiday season, which is typically a social time for many of us. In addition, many of our students’ siblings will be returning home from colleges out of state. Per MA DPH guidelines, these college students will need to quarantine until they receive a negative COVID test. I am also asking each of you to be mindful of your own social gatherings and the need to adhere to the health and safety guidelines set by the CDC and MA DPH. Small gatherings of family and friends have repeatedly been shown to be super spreader events.
If you are traveling, please follow Massachusetts Travel orders linked here and adhere to MPS Policy that all students and staff must provide a negative COVID 19 test taken upon 72 hours of arrival back in Massachusetts or quarantine for 14 days after travel prior to returning to in person learning.
These reminders for a safe and healthy Thanksgiving during COVID from MA DPH are important to read through. Also, this Thanksgiving Poster from Mass.gov is available in several languages.
Thank you very much!
James F. Jette