COVID update: Milton returns to yellow zone
On Monday, November 2, 2020 Milton had four new COVID-19 cases.
This brings the cumulative total since March 1st to 479 positive cases of COVID- 19.
Milton had zero new probable case bringing the total to 68 probable cases. Residents are being contacted by the Health Department or MA COVID Team and asked to isolate themselves at home for 10 days if testing positive.
- A list of COVID-19 testing sites are available here. These are not walk-in sites. An appointment is necessary: mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-testing#testing-sites
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, the COVID Community Team will be reaching out via phone to you and your close contacts to slow the spread. We will make sure that you are getting the medical attention you need and support through isolation. Your caller ID will show the call is coming from MA COVID Team: 833-638-1685 or 857-305-2728. Your name will not be released. Please note that contact tracers will never ask for social security numbers or health insurance identification numbers.
- Please follow proper quarantine and isolation guidelines to help slow the spread of transmission:
- The Milton Council on Aging is here for residents 60+ during this challenging time. We are coordinating grocery deliveries and providing transportation to doctor’s appointments. Like us on our Facebook Page and call us at 617-898-4893.
- The Milton Community Food Pantry is currently suspending all food donations from residents to the pantry due to the possible transfer of COVID-19. Monetary donations are welcome, and checks can be made payable to Milton Community Food Pantry at 158 Blue Hills Parkway Milton, MA 02186.
- QCAP Homeless Prevention: Quincy Community Action Programs for at risk households and rental assistance call 617-657-5376, or email: [email protected].
- If you are sick, with influenza-like symptoms, stay at home. If you have fever and or lower respiratory symptoms, call your primary care doctor (PCP). If you don’t have a PCP call the Massachusetts Department of Public Health at 617-983-6800, or call 2-1-1 or visit https://mass211.org/ for more information.
- Please check our website for links to Mental Health Resources: Interface Helpline 1-888-244-6843.
- Samaritans Suicide Hotline, for guidance and support (24/7) 1-877-870-4673
- Domestic Violence: DOVE hotline (24/7), for trained counselors 617-471-1234
- Milton Community Food Pantry and Concord Baptist Food Pantry are in desperate need of supplies and monetary donations.
- If a Milton resident is facing financial hardship, contact Noreen Dolan at the Milton Residents Fund at 617-696-1214 or at [email protected]ail.com
*The Health Department will update this important information daily. Visit the Health Department Coronavirus Information website for more information.