Applications are now open for Blue Hill Observatory’s student summer 2021 meteorology workshop
This immersive summer meteorology workshop is for students who have an interest in the weather and wish to explore careers in meteorology and atmospheric science with professional meteorologists and scientists.
Participants in our week-long immersion workshop will:
- Receive inspirational guidance from Tim Kelley, NBC Boston/NECN meteorologist, through discussions on his insights and passions for weather.
- Experience an immersive understanding of meteorology through on-site discourse in the mornings followed by afternoon field trips.
- Learn to accurately observe and forecast the weather.
- Examine proven broadcasting techniques from local meteorologists.
- Prepare and record a personal forecast in a TV studio.
Who can apply?
- While the program is recommended to students ages 14 to 18 years old, other ages may also apply. Due to the immersive component of the program only eight participants are accepted each year.