Milton Public Schools to resume in-person learning for all K-12 students Monday April 5
The following letter was sent to Milton Public Schools parents and guardians on March 1:
Dear Parents and Guardians:
I am happy to inform you that the Milton Public Schools will resume full in-person learning for all students K-12 on Monday, April 5, 2021. The following are some points of interest:
- Student desks will be a minimum of 3 ft spacing, where possible, in the classrooms in compliance with Massachusetts’ safety guidelines
- Students will continue to remain 6 ft apart for eating and mask breaks
- Transportation will continue for students utilizing that service now. Registration is closed for new ridership. We will update the community should seats become available
- Certain classes will look or be delivered differently in order to meet safety guidelines (Chorus, Band, Strings)
- Students who are in the full remote model can remain fully remote through the end of this academic year
- The District’s Live Streaming policy will remain in effect for COVID 19 related reasons ONLY
- All of the District’s mitigating strategies will remain in effect (masks, social distancing, hand washing, staying home when sick, symptomatic, a close contact and/or positive).
Please note that as the Superintendent, I have the authority to delay this openings or make amendments to the plan depending on the State and Town Health Metrics.
This return to full in-person learning will take planning and patience on the part of everyone involved, but it will be a great day for the students and staff of the Milton Public Schools.
You will receive further details from the district one week before the start of the new schedule.
James F. Jette
Superintendent of Schools