Job Posting: Milton Academy seeks a plumber in the Facilities Services department
Plumber position available at Milton Academy
The Plumber performs plumbing related maintenance and troubleshooting for all Academy properties.
The individual in this position must work collaboratively with the Facilities Services team and have a customer service orientation to working with students, faculty, and staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs mechanical work required for installation and maintenance of equipment, systems and facilities in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturers specifications.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on all heating & hot water system, pumps, clocks, potable & domestic water systems, humidification, life safety systems, ice storage, supplemental heating & cooling equipment, and sanitary systems. Including but not limited to belt adjustments, oiling, greasing and cleaning of equipment or replacement of various types of mechanical and electrical components.
- Advises owner/representative of preventive maintenance inspections performed and corrective actions to be taken. Suggests additional service/renovation requirements.
- Performs preventive maintenance on various mechanical equipment.
- Performs daily operation, inspects, maintains, repairs or assists in the repairs the buildings Energy Management System & Building Automation System, and Fire Safety System when required. Must also stay educated on the operation of these systems either through manuals and or service representative training, when provided.
- Conducts daily/weekly tours of mechanical spaces, tenant/public areas, roofs, and building grounds.
- Respond to service calls/tenant requests for HVAC, plumbing, and provide support or assistance when needed.
- Communicate with the faculty, and staff, or supervisor on the work performed and present the status of the mechanical system.
- Stays abreast of changes (safety and code) in the field through seminars and other educational means.
- Provides information for input to client work order tracking system to initiate work orders for unscheduled jobs, develop materials lists for ordering, and may be required to provide technical support for projects.
- Responds to emergency situations and traces, troubleshoots and repairs problems; may wear a pager and or carry a shop radio for rapid response.
- Conducts general housekeeping to mechanical/electrical rooms including sweeping, mopping and painting.
- Supports and assists other trade groups and performs tasks as needed.
Qualified candidates must hold a valid Massachusetts journeyman or Master’s license and a valid driver’s license. At least one year of experience working as a licensed plumber is required and experience working in a boarding school is preferred.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must apply online at:
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.