Big Brother Big Sister Foundation trucks in Milton Oct. 27 2022 for donation pickups
Big Brother Big Sister Foundation is in Milton Thursday, October 27, picking up donations of used clothing, housewares, books and other items.
We’re expanding rapidly and now also take CD/DVD/Video games, albums and musical instruments.
We also pick up donations of clothing, housewares, shoes, and books.
- Generates much needed funding for BBBS
- Helps keep textiles out of the trash stream. We take any and all items of clothing, regardless of condition, age or gender. This also helps your town deal with upcoming regulations prohibiting any clothing from going into the regular trash.
- Helps your town. We also take housewares, albums, CD/DVD and instruments that may otherwise go into the trash, helping to reduce your town’s disposal costs.To schedule your pickup, visit:
Your donations not only help a great charity, they help your town and the Commonwealth
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts will soon enact legislation aimed at diverting 500 million lbs of textiles from landfills, DPW and transfer stations. Textiles entering the trash stream cause pollution and cost your town (and you) more money.
Your donations not only help you and your town, they generate much needed funding for BBBS and the best mentoring program in the country. Your items may also generate a tax deduction for you.
Over the past 25 years, the BBBS Foundation has raised almost $10,000,000 for our mentoring programs through the collection of used goods and has diverted almost 200,000,000 pounds of textiles away from the waste stream. Thanks to our new partnership, we stand ready to and have the capacity to divert 100,000,000 pounds of textiles each year.
A few notes about pickups:
- The pick up is free, easy and quite convenient.
- We come right to your home.
- We do not require curbside pickup. You may leave your items visible from the street or on your porch. If you leave your donations on your porch, please make sure to mark each bag and box “BBBS”. Our drivers will take only bags marked “BBBS”. A tax receipt can be downloaded from our website or sent to you via email.
Own a business?
We also take donations of unsold inventory.
Business donations may be eligible for tax deductions.
Email [email protected]