Shuttles to replace train service on Mattapan line & sections of Red Line Oct 14-29
In August, the MBTA announced that shuttles buses will replace train service on the Mattapan Line and on the Red Line between JFK/UMass and Ashmont Stations beginning on Saturday, October 14, 2023 through Sunday, October 29, 2023.
This announcement was made at the MBTA Board of Director’s Meeting on August 24.
The MBTA notes that this service change will accommodate critical track work to address existing speed restrictions and ensure the safety of MBTA riders.
During the shutdown, the MBTA will provide free, accessible shuttle bus service for riders on the Ashmont Branch and the Mattapan Line.
The MBTA will host four (4) open houses in the month of September to provide the public an opportunity to engage with the project team, learn about the details of the construction work, and voice their thoughts, comments, and concerns. You can find the information for these meetings once made public at this link.
Key information about the service change:
- Shuttle buses will operate every 5-6 minutes during weekday peak hours and every 10-15 minutes during weekday and weekend off-peak hours.
- Shuttle buses will be wheelchair accessible.
- Transit Ambassadors and other MBTA personnel will be available at each shuttle stop to assist riders.
- Riders are encouraged to allow extra travel time during this service change.
- You can learn more by visiting the MBTA’s website here.