Milton Scene Non-Profit Policy & Advertising Options
Non-Profit Posting Policy
The Milton Scene will accept from each non-profit entity two free stories/submissions per month, which we will publish on the Milton Scene and schedule to each of our social media outlets, one time.
Only specific events will be posted. General ads, requests for funding, job postings, real estate postings, etc. require paid advertising.
- Each post must contain information for only ONE individual event.
- Limit of one image per story. No print may be in the images included in free stories.
- The two free stories each month must be for two different events.
- The same event may not be posted more than one time.
- Lists of monthly events are not permitted.
- Stories about school open houses, enrollments, and camps are not permitted. These require paid advertising.
- Purely promotional stories (for example, general advertising/information about a nonprofit) are not permitted and require paid advertising.
- Inclusion in our online calendar is limited to these two free stories. We do not post any additional calendar items. (NOTE: if a link appears “broken” when clicking on it in the calendar, it’s because we schedule the stories in advance and the story may not be live yet.)
- We do not post flyers or logos with free events. These require paid advertising.
**Non-profits are not permitted to post their own events or stories in the Milton Neighbors Facebook group.**
Please submit your postings/stories by emailing them to [email protected]. Please pass along a photo if you would like, but we do not post any photos with text (logos, flyers, etc.) with free events. These require paid advertising.
Non-profit and public events hosted through schools, museums, charities, etc. are not permitted to post their own events or stories in the Milton Neighbors group. They must go through The Milton Scene.
If you or someone from your organization has also submitted your event to The Milton Scene, please do not also post it in the Milton Neighbors Facebook group. It will be removed.
We recommend selecting one person from your non-profit to submit your events to the Milton Scene, in order to avoid confusion
Ann non-profits are entitled to a 10% discount off of any of our advertising options over $150 by using code NONPROFIT10 when purchasing advertising. Click here to have all advertising info sent to you.
To book an ad or for more information:
Email us at [email protected].