FROM THE DESK OF THE SUPERINTENDENT
Congratulations on the conclusion of another successful school year. As we begin the summer vacation, I would like to share some research on the importance of summer reading and the value of both independent reading and modeling reading by parents and guardians. During my teaching career, I could easily identify the students who read independently at home. These children usually showed the following characteristics:
- Their vocabulary was superior
- Their oral and independent comprehension skills were outstanding
- Their “love of reading” was evident
- They were familiar with the local library and visited often
- The lifelong habit of reading for pleasure is developed at a young age.
Read the full e-blast here: blog.miltonps.org/?p=1785