Run Milton Half-Marathon Fundraiser on Oct. 4
WHO: Run Milton Half-Marathon
WHAT: More than 200 runners are expected to participate in the second annual Run Milton, a 13.1-mile race course around Milton, MA. Runners are from Milton, Boston, communities on the South Shore and beyond (even Canada!).
WHEN: Sunday, Oct. 4, from 8 a.m. to noon ET. (NOTE: The race begins at 8 a.m.
sharp, preceded by kick-off activities listed below.)
WHERE: Milton Town Hall front lawn, 525 Canton Ave., Milton, MA (see below for
key locations along route)
WHY: Run Milton is a fundraiser for the Friends of the Milton Council on Aging Transportation Fund, a registered 501(c)(3) that covers the cost of driving in-need seniors to and from medical appointments. Net proceeds will be donated to this organization. (More race details:https://racewire.com/register.php?id=4716)
- The DJ will start at 7 a.m.
- Approximately 7:45, we’ll have a brief welcome. A Curry College student will sing the National Anthem. Milton Rep. Walter Timilty will blow the horn to start the race (8 sharp).
- Residents, school groups and running clubs will be giving out water
and cheering on runners.
- The top male & top female finisher will receive a prize. Run Milton
ends when the last runner crosses the finish line.
- Key viewing locations (including where bag piper and Milton High
School band will perform):
- Milton Town Hall
- Collicot/Cunningham Schools
- Indian Cliffs
- Milton High School at Gile Rd./Blue Hills Pkwy. Entrance (where the MHS band will perform)
- Turner’s Pond
- Central Ave./Eliot St./Adams St. business district
- Adams St. (a.k.a. “Run Milton’s Heartbreak Hill,” which includes the Eliot/Adams intersection, Forbes House Museum/Hutchinson Field & LaboureCollege)
- Forbes House Museum/Hutchinson Field (bag piper will perform across from water station)
- Laboure College
- Brook Rd. (many locations, including water stations at St. Mary’s Road and Brook/Churchills corner)
CONTACT: Email [email protected]