Milton is gearing up for another exciting election season.
Board of Selectmen:
Currently, four Miltonites have pulled papers for one available seat on the Board of Selectmen. They include Kathleen M. Conlon, Steven D. Fruzzetti, Richard G. Wells, Jr., and Christopher Lionel Louis.
Unopposed candidates include:
- James McAuliffe, incumbent, is running unopposed for Town Treasurer.
- William Benneft is running unopposed for the Board of Assessors.
- Anne Fidler is running unopposed for the Board of Health.
- Stephen Pender is running unopposed for Trustee of the Cemetery.
- April Lamoureux is running unopposed for Planning Board.
After a long run as Town Moderator, Brian Walsh is not seeking re-election. Michael Chinman and Robert Hiss have both pulled papers for the moderator position.
Two three-year seats are available for School Committee. Incumbent Rebecca Padera is running. Margaret Eberhardt and Christopher Voehl have also pulled papers for the Committee position.
Thomas McCarthy and Regina Malley have both pulled papers for one three-year seat.
Trustee of the Public Library:
Three three-year seats are avilable. Incumbents Elizabeth Alvarez, Hyacinth Crichlow, and Raymond Czwakiel have pulled papers, as well as newcomer Douglas Scibeck.
Four seats for three years each are available. Incumbents Tamara Berton, Stephen Freeman, Eric Issner, and Fenol Jean-Baptiste have all pulled papers. Newcomer Antoine Tchaikovski has also pulled papers. Seven
38 new people have pulled papers for 97 open Town Meeting seats throughout Milton, though some current Town Meeting Members are not running for re-election. 129 people are competing for 97 seats. Precinct two has seven new Town Meeting candidates on the ballot, possibly in response to the Ice House proposal. Precinct five also has seven new Town Meeting candidates running, while Precincts six and ten only have one.
There is still time!
- Town Clerk’s list of town-wide candidates, as of March 2, 2016 (PDF)
- Town Clerk’s list of town-wide Town Meeting candidates as of March 2, 2016 (PDF)