I am announcing my candidacy for Library Trustee and would appreciate your support and vote on April 25.
My husband, Paul, and I have lived in Milton since 1984, raising our three children – Nils, Kurt and Erika. I am employed as a Vice President of Information Technology at State Street Corporation.
I have served as a Trustee of the Milton Public Library for 6 years – 3 as Treasurer and 2 as Chair. Some of my accomplishments during my tenure as Chair and Treasurer include:
- leading our evaluation and move to a new investment management firm to oversee the Trustee funds
- collaborating with the Town Engineer to hire a contractor to design and build the parking lot turnaround
- creating a subcommittee to revamp the Director’s evaluation process and provide for input from the community on how the Library meets their needs
- serving as a member of the committee to update the Library’s long range plan
- re-negotiating the Discovery Schoolhouse lease of the Kidder Building
- proposing steps and a timeline for researching the strategic vision of the Kidder Building
I have embraced Milton for 33 years through active involvement in Town government as Warrant Committee member, Town Meeting member and Library Trustee, at East Congregational Church as Finance Chair, Treasurer, and Youth Leader and in Milton Public Schools as Site Council member, Boosters and PTO Treasurer.
The Milton Public Library is one of the great success stories of Milton. Our newly renovated library is led by our extremely competent and innovative Director, Will Adamczyk. Will and the staff have brought many great new services and programs to the Milton community. Our library usage and circulation have increased almost every month since the renovation 8 years ago.
I want to help guide the library’s continued success by working with the Director, Trustees and other town departments to obtain town resources in support of the Library’s building and programs, participate in executing the long term strategy and supporting continued technology advancements.
If elected, I will serve willingly, responsibly and creatively for all the citizens of Milton. I respectfully ask for vote for Library Trustee on April 25.
Leave a comment