How to submit your 2018 election candidacy announcement to the Milton Scene:
As a courtesy to public servants, the Milton Scene accepts political candidacy announcements for local elections. No independently-posted candidacy announcements are permitted on the Milton Neighbors Facebook group (they will be deleted, as well as back-handed endorsements, per our rules). Announcements must be submitted via the Milton Scene. Each announcement will be shared on Milton Neighbors via automation. You may not choose your candidacy announcement date unless you have purchased advertising.
Candidacy announcements are due to the Milton Scene no later than three weeks (21 days) prior to the date of the election (Deadline is April 3, 2018 / Election is April 24, 2018). Candidacy announcements received after the due date will not be posted on the Milton Scene or Milton Neighbors.
How to submit your announcement to the Milton Scene:
- Please email your submission to [email protected].
- Submissions sent later than three weeks prior to the election will not be published.
- Please send your announcement in Microsoft Word or via regular email.
- Please do not send fliers or PDFs.
- Please do not format your content with different fonts, etc. We will be formatting your content to fit the Milton Scene template.
- When referencing event times, please use this style: Feb. 4, 2019, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- We recommend 600 words or less.
- A photo is recommended. If you do not include a photo, we will include our general 2018 election photo.
Photos and images:
- Please send your writing and images in separate files (do not embed an image in a PDF or Microsoft Word page).
- JPG or PNG file formats preferred.
Advertising for political candidates:
Advertising opportunities are available for political candidates.