Senior tax work off program for 2019 to increase amount of tax credit you can earn
Program to benefit seniors starting in 2019
We are so excited to announce that for the first time since the program began, there will be a significant increase in the amount you can receive to reduce your tax liability. Starting in 2019, thanks to the support of the Board of Selectmen, Board of Assessors, Chief Assessor Bob Bushway and Town Administrator, Mike Dennehy, the amount has increased to $1,500. This is an increase of $750 and so during the calendar year, you would have to volunteer 125 hours of time. The financial guidelines to enroll in the program are the same and we will again have 25 slots available for the program. There are many different volunteer opportunities within the town from which to choose. Not only will you get a tax abatement but you will be helping out our town as well. It is a wonderful opportunity to keep active and meet new friends.
Guidelines for senior tax work off program:
- 60 years of age or older
- Homeowner or current spouse of homeowner (see ownership & domicile section of application)
- Currently reside in the Town of Milton for the last 5 years prior to the date of this application.
- Can produce a copy of the most recent tax bill upon application to the program.
- Income does not exceed $45,000/year for one person or $60,000/year for a two-person household. (Copy of last Federal Tax Return Required)
- Only one person per household may participate in the program.
For more information:
Please call the COA at 617-898-4893 for information and applications. New participants will be given first priority. Read the full article here: https://www.townofmilton.org/home/news/senior-tax-work-program-2019-increases-amount-tax-credit-you-can-earn