Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Day to be held on Saturday, September 7
Department of Public Works to host its annual Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Day
The Department of Public Works will be hosting its annual Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off day on September 7, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The HHW Drop-Off is the first Saturday of September, and the Recycling Center’s typical first-Saturday opening will be moved to September 14th.
Accepted items at the Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off include:
- Adhesives and glues
- Aerosol cans
- Engine degreaser, brake and transmission fluid, other auto fluids (unmixed)
- Flammable liquids and aerosols
- Household cleaners and spot removers
- Oil based paints
- Photo chemicals and chemistry sets
- Poisons, insecticides, pesticides, weed killers
- Solvents, varnishes
- Swimming pool chemicals
- Acids, bases, drain cleaners
- Waste fuels (kerosene, gasoline)
- Wood preservatives and fiberglass residue
We will NOT accept:
- Latex paint, mercury containing items, batteries, fuses, flares, firearms, shells, and related equipment, textiles and clothing, needles, syringes, medication, asbestos
For more information:
More information is included in the file below. If you have any questions, please call the trash line at 617-898-4900 ext. 1.