Pandemic Unemployment Assistance portal opens up for Massachusetts residents
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) provides up to 39 weeks of unemployment benefits to individuals who are unable to work because of a COVID-19-related reason but are not eligible for regular or extended unemployment benefits.
You should apply for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance retroactive to your first week of total or partial unemployment. Most regular UI claims are processed within 21-28 days after filing, and many are processed within the first week of filing.
Applicants will need to provide the following information:
- Your social security number
- If you are not a citizen of the United States, your A Number (USCIS Number)
- Your residential address
- Your mailing address (if different from residential address)
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Your birth date
- Your wage records for 2019, which includes:
- 1099 forms
- Pay stubs
- Bank statements
- The social security number(s) and date(s) of birth for your dependent child(ren)
- If you want to use direct deposit for payment, your bank account and routing numbers
For more information on eligibility, please view the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Guide.