Ed Thomas announces candidacy for Milton Town Meeting, Precinct 9
My name is Ed Thomas and I am pleased to let you know that I am running for Milton Town Meeting in Precinct 9.
My husband and I love this town, plan to be here for a very long time, and are keen to contribute to this terrific community. Our 2-year old daughter will attend the Milton Public Schools when she is ready for kindergarten.
As a lawyer with a background in land use and real estate development specifically, and working through tough problems to find durable solutions more generally, I will serve you to the best of my ability.
Some things that are important to me include the following:
- Listening to you and understanding your concerns (see below on how to reach me). I believe residents should know who their Town Meeting members are and how to get in touch with them.
- Ensuring Milton Public Schools can serve all children effectively – with the right infrastructure, staff, and funds to do so. I believe the time is right to invest in increased capacity for the schools.
- Supporting smart development to allow young families, working people, and seniors to thrive.
- Making our corner of Milton as welcoming, walkable, and well-cared for as possible.
- Improving traffic safety on Randolph Avenue.
- Making sure our tax dollars are spent in the best ways possible across the town.
- Getting to know all of our neighbors and building a strong community.
I have a long history of civic and community engagement, including as a long-term volunteer and community garden leader with the Trustees of Reservations, and representing various towns and government entities in my legal practice.
Please contact me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss any issues you care about that can be addressed at Town Meeting.
Thank you for reading and don’t forget to vote on April 25!