MassDOT schedules weekend and overnight lane closures on Granite Avenue at the Interchange with I-93 and exit 11 and exit 11B
Travel will be maintained during this work on the
Granite Avenue Bridge over the Neponset River
BOSTON – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is announcing the closure at specific times of some of the northbound and southbound travel lanes on Granite Avenue at the exit 11 and exit 11B interchange of I-93. The lane closures are necessary to support painting activities and joint repairs on the Granite Avenue Bridge over the Neponset River between Milton and Dorchester. Scheduled work will occur during daytime hours on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday and in overnight hours now through December 9.
The following hours of work are being announced and will mean the closure of two lanes northbound or southbound on Granite Avenue, while still allowing for traffic to pass through the work zone:
- Saturday, November 21 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Sunday, November 22 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Monday, November 23, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Today and continuing seven days per week through December 9, there will be nighttime lane takings from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. the following day. No lane closures will occur starting at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, November 24 through 5 a.m. on Monday, November 30.
In order to allow crews to safely and effectively conduct these operations, appropriate signage, law enforcement details, and advanced message boards will be in place to guide drivers through the work area.
Drivers who are traveling through the area should reduce speed and use caution.
All scheduled work is weather dependent and may be impacted due to an emergency.
For more information on traffic conditions, travelers are encouraged to:
- Dial 511 and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
- Visit www.mass511.com, a website that provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.