COVID update: Milton returns to yellow zone
Milton has a cumulative total of 1038 positive COVID cases since March 1, 2020.
Our last update was November 2nd. At that time, Milton had 479 positive cases.
There has indeed been a spike in our town. The number of positive cases has has more than doubled in less than two months time.
The Community level indicates that Milton is in the YELLOW ZONE. This means there are less than 10 cases per 100,000 individuals in the population.
- A list of COVID-19 testing sites are available here. These are not walk-in sites. An appointment is necessary: mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-testing#testing-sites
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, the COVID Community Team will be reaching out via phone to you and your close contacts to slow the spread. We will make sure that you are getting the medical attention you need and support through isolation. Your caller ID will show the call is coming from MA COVID Team: 833-638-1685 or 857-305-2728. Your name will not be released. Please note that contact tracers will never ask for social security numbers or health insurance identification numbers.
- Please follow proper quarantine and isolation guidelines to help slow the spread of transmission:
- The Milton Council on Aging is here for residents 60+ during this challenging time. We are coordinating grocery deliveries and providing transportation to doctor’s appointments. Like us on our Facebook Page and call us at 617-898-4893.
- The Milton Community Food Pantry is currently suspending all food donations from residents to the pantry due to the possible transfer of COVID-19. Monetary donations are welcome, and checks can be made payable to Milton Community Food Pantry at 158 Blue Hills Parkway Milton, MA 02186.
- QCAP Homeless Prevention: Quincy Community Action Programs for at risk households and rental assistance call 617-657-5376, or email: [email protected].
- If you are sick, with influenza-like symptoms, stay at home. If you have fever and or lower respiratory symptoms, call your primary care doctor (PCP). If you don’t have a PCP call the Massachusetts Department of Public Health at 617-983-6800, or call 2-1-1 or visit https://mass211.org/ for more information.
- Please check our website for links to Mental Health Resources: Interface Helpline 1-888-244-6843.
- Samaritans Suicide Hotline, for guidance and support (24/7) 1-877-870-4673
- Domestic Violence: DOVE hotline (24/7), for trained counselors 617-471-1234
- Milton Community Food Pantry and Concord Baptist Food Pantry are in desperate need of supplies and monetary donations.
- If a Milton resident is facing financial hardship, contact Noreen Dolan at the Milton Residents Fund at 617-696-1214 or at [email protected]
*The Health Department will update this important information daily. Visit the Health Department Coronavirus Information website for more information.