Milton Rotary presents Art Against Hunger contest for students grades K-12
Spring 2021 Art Against Hunger Contest
Attention all Milton students, grades K-12!
Milton Rotary is sponsoring an “Art Against Hunger” contest to raise money to support the Milton Food Pantry and Rotary International’s supported initiative “Rise Against Hunger”. Please send us your big, bold visions and designs on paper that best illustrate our theme: “A world without hunger is a world full of caring, and sharing…and food!”
Deadline is Friday, April 16, 2021.
How to enter:
All young people who live in, or attend a school in Milton, Massachusetts, and are 18 years and younger are encouraged to participate.
Each piece of art will be evaluated and scored by a distinguished panel of judges based on
- artistic skills
- creativity and originality
- representation of the contest theme
Finalists will be selected from the following age groups:
- Grades K thru 2
- Grades 3 thru 5
- Grades 6 thru 8
- Grades 9 thru 12
A Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among the Finalists and will receive a $100 gift certificate from BLICK Art Materials and will have their artwork imprinted on reusable shopping bags promoting our theme. The remaining Finalists will receive $25 gift certificates from BLICK Art Materials.
All artwork will be combined in a video presentation and displayed on Milton Cable Access and in the Wotiz Gallery of the Milton Public Library.
Tax deductible donations can be sent to Milton Rotary Foundation, PO Box 243, Milton, MA 02186, or online at miltonrotary.org. Donations to support this project will be welcomed at any amount, and we will provide a bag for every $10 donation. The submission deadline is Friday, April 16, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. All submissions must be brought to the Milton Public Library.
Winners will be announced on May 3, 2021.
Bags with the winning design can be picked up at the Milton Public Library through June 30, 2021.
Summary contest rules
- Must be a Milton resident, or be enrolled in a private or public school in Milton.
- Parent’s or guardian’s permission is required.
- One entry per student (categories include grades: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12)
- Only one-dimensional, original artwork will be considered.
- All artwork must be submitted on 8 ½ X 11” paper, portrait orientation. Artwork cannot be more than 9 inches high by 7 inches wide.
- Submissions must include a printed Entry Form which can be downloaded from the Milton Rotary website or obtained at the Milton Public Library.
- Submissions must be dropped into the Rotary Art Contest collection box at the Milton Public Library.
- Deadline for submission is 5:00 p.m., April 16, 2021.
- Family members of judges and Rotary club members are not eligible to win
- Judges’ decisions are final.