Select Board May 3: ARPA Discussion and Fire Station Building Committee Update
A discussion took place regarding what ARPA funds can be used for. Possible uses are as follows:
- Support public health expenditures, by, for example, funding COVID-19 mitigation efforts, medical expenses, behavioral healthcare, and certain public health and safety staff
- Address negative economic impacts caused by the public health emergency, including economic harms to workers, households, small businesses, impacted industries, and the public sector
- Replace lost public sector revenue, using this funding to provide government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue experienced due to the pandemic
- Provide premium pay for essential workers, offering additional support to those who have and will bear the greatest health risks because of their service in critical infrastructure sectors
- Invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure, making necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water, support vital wastewater and stormwater infrastructure, and to expand access to broadband internet
For more information, please click here: https://www.townofmilton.org/home/news/town-milton-select-board-american-rescue-plan-act-arpa-project-funding-discussion
Fire Station Building Committee Update
The Fire Station Building Committee has chosen a contractor to move forward with. The committee has chosen a bid from G&R Construction of Hanover for the project. Construction could begin as soon as this summer.
The next meetings are scheduled for May 11, June 8, and June 22.