State Senate Candidate Kathleen Crogan-Camara endorsed by Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Massachusetts
Kathleen Crogan-Camara, candidate for State Senate to represent Milton and 6 other towns, was endorsed today by the Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Massachusetts.
Kathleen says, “I am honored to receive the endorsement of the Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Massachusetts and am deeply committed to ensuring Massachusetts remains a national leader for reproductive freedom. As Milton’s State Senator I’ll work hard to dismantle barriers to ensure safe, legal abortion is accessible to all. I’ll never stop fighting for Planned Parenthood patients, for affordable access to reproductive health care, or the health, safety, and well-being of our communities.”
“As millions of people lose access to abortion and politicians threaten to restrict all reproductive rights across the country, we need elected leaders that are bold, effective, unapologetic champions for sexual and reproductive health and rights to ensure Massachusetts remains a beacon for reproductive freedom and a safe place to access care,” says Dr. Jennifer Childs-Roshak, President of the Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Massachusetts (PPAF).
Dr. Childs-Roshak continues, “As State Senator, Kathleen will prioritize advancing reproductive health equity in Massachusetts, dismantling barriers to care, and ensuring safe, legal abortion is accessible to all. The stakes have never been higher in the fight for reproductive rights and health care access, and the Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund is proud to endorse and fight alongside Kathleen Crogan-Camara.”
Kathleen notes that only 16 State Senate candidates were endorsed this year by Planned Parenthood, out of 40 State Senate races. “My opponent, Walter Timilty, pretends to support women’s reproductive rights, but the people of Milton shouldn’t believe Timilty’s misrepresentations. Timilty called himself ‘pro-life’ in the Patriot Ledger, and Planned Parenthood and other organizations agree: I am the only pro-choice candidate in Milton’s race in the Norfolk-Plymouth-Bristol State Senate district.”
Kathleen refers to the following list of group voting summary ratings, all of which indicate that Walter Timilty is anti-choice, and has been anti-choice for his entire long political career:
- 8/2/2020: Rating: Walter Timilty was rated 0% by NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts
- 8/28/2020: Rating: Walter Timilty was rated 100% by Massachusetts Citizens for Life
- 7/6/2017: Rating: Walter Timilty was rated 0% by Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Massachusetts
- 11/23/2015: Rating: Walter Timilty was rated 0% by NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts
- 11/30/2010: Rating: Walter Timilty was rated 100% by Massachusetts Citizens for Life
Get in touch:
- Quincy Patriot Ledger, “Timilty faces Harrington in state senate race,” by Fed Hanson”, Sept. 2, 2016 https://www.patriotledger.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/09/02/timilty-faces-harrington-in-state/25510873007/
- Project VoteSmart group voting summary ratings: https://justfacts.votesmart.org/candidate/18998/walter-timilty?categoryId=2&type=V,S,R,E,F,P,E
- Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Massachusetts, “Elections,” Aug. 23, 2022 https://www.plannedparenthoodaction.org/planned-parenthood-advocacy-fund-massachusetts-inc/elections