Milton select board and governor stoughton trustees joint meeting: November 14
The Milton Select Board, in conjunction with the Governor Stoughton Trustees, is set to convene on Tuesday, November 14, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will take place in the Paul Kelly Community Room at the Council on Aging, located at 10 Walnut Street, Milton, MA 02186. For those unable to attend in person, the meeting can be accessed via Zoom using the following link: Meeting Link. Alternatively, participants can dial in at 1-929-205-6099, using Meeting ID: 882 4058 3885 and PIN/PASSCODE: 139881.
1. Call to Order The meeting will commence with the Call to Order, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and an opportunity for Public Comment.
2. Discussion/Approval – Grant Agreement with the Copeland Foundation for the Animal Shelter Project The Select Board will delve into discussions regarding a Grant Agreement with the Copeland Foundation for the Animal Shelter Project. Subsequently, the meeting will recess to accommodate the Governor Stoughton Trustees.
Governor Stoughton Trustees Meeting:
1. Call to Order The Trustees will commence their meeting with a Call to Order.
2. Discussion/Approval – Request for Proposals for Affordable Housing at the Town Farm Among the agenda items for the Governor Stoughton Trustees is the Discussion and Approval of Request for Proposals for Affordable Housing at the Town Farm.
3. Discussion/Approval – Governor Stoughton Trust Assets and Financials; Use of Trust Assets The Trustees will deliberate on the assets and financials of the Governor Stoughton Trust, including the use of trust assets.
4. Discussion – Governor Stoughton Trust legal counsel Legal matters related to the Governor Stoughton Trust will be addressed in this segment of the meeting.
5. Discussion/ Approval – Meeting Minutes: August 8, 2023, September 19, 2023 The Trustees will review and potentially approve the meeting minutes from August 8, 2023, and September 19, 2023, before adjourning their session.
Return to the Select Board Meeting
5. Discussion/Approval – Letter to Massachusetts Department of Transportation re: proposed project at the intersection of Randolph Avenue and Chickatawbut Road Returning to the Select Board Meeting, discussions will revolve around a letter to the Massachusetts Department of Transportation regarding a proposed project at the intersection of Randolph Avenue and Chickatawbut Road.
6. Discussion/Approval – Petition to the Massachusetts Department of Transportation to modify the speed limit on Route 28 (Randolph Avenue) and Route 138 in the Town of Milton, in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 90, Section 18 The Select Board will consider a petition to the Massachusetts Department of Transportation for a modification of the speed limit on Route 28 (Randolph Avenue) and Route 138 in the Town of Milton.
7. Discussion/Approval – Contract with PMA Consultants as the Owner’s Project Manager for the new school project Deliberations will ensue regarding the approval of a contract with PMA Consultants as the Owner’s Project Manager for a new school project.
8. Discussion/Approval – FY2024 Stormwater Fees The meeting will conclude with discussions and potential approval of FY2024 Stormwater Fees.
Residents and interested parties are encouraged to participate in this important joint meeting that addresses various community matters.