The Milton Scene guest blogger policy
The Milton Scene occasionally showcases local talent and expertise to its viewers through individual guest blog posts from health experts, home improvement experts, etc. We reserve the right to edit any submission.
Our website gets over 50,000 hits per month, ranking high in Google searches. Additionally, each story is shared to our email list and our social media outlets, which means your content and your name will get a great deal of attention.
Objective of Milton Scene’s guest bloggers/writers and commentators:
- Original Content: You must write your own, original content. Nothing “borrowed.” The content cannot consist of a blog or news article that has been written and posted elsewhere online.
Expertise: Guest expertise blogs should give the reader actionable advice or content of value that the community can use without needing the guest’s services. For example, a blog on gardening might provide advice for how to deter deer from eating plants.
- Value vs. Self-Promotion: We will not publish content that only serves to promote your business. By posting valuable content, you are also practicing the art of attraction marketing for your business. If you’d like to promote your business, we offer sponsored stories and other options for advertising – please see our advertising section for information.
The Milton Scene audience is closely linked to the Milton Neighbors Facebook audience. Both consist of many different groups of people. Some of these people include:
- Town activists: individuals who love Milton and voice their opinions about how they think Milton can improve.
- Homeowners in need of help: Milton residents who are looking to improve their homes by finding landscaping, home improvement, and other services
- Advice seekers: individuals who need advice on just about anything (preschools, traveling, recipes, etc.) from Milton’s very smart crowd.
- General recommendation seekers: individuals looking for recommendations for services ranging from gluten-free bakeries to hair stylists, plumbers to consignment shops.
- Activity seekers: individuals who are looking for events, camps, etc. that are happening in Milton and surrounding areas.
Guest blog topic approval:
Please make sure you clear what you are going to write about for the Milton Scene by sending us an email – before actually writing and submitting it.
Examples of topics that have performed well:
- How-to guides
- Solutions to common problems
- Bulleted helpful how-twos (see this example)
- Examples of some high-performing posts:
Please limit any linked reference of your personal blog or business website to one time within your blog post. You may also add a link to your personal blog or business website in the About you/Biography area below your post.
Please include your name, contact info (email, phone, website), and a short biography to be posted with your blog. You may also include a photo of yourself. Biographies subject to editing. You may also include a photo of yourself in order to personalize your writing. People love to see the faces of the person doing the writing!
Reposting policy: As long as no more than 10% of the article’s words are posted verbatim, the Milton Scene permits referencing this content elsewhere online. If you do reference, please use the following guidelines:
- Include a link back to the Milton Scene using this language:
- This article originally appeared on The Milton Scene on xx/xx/xxxx (date).
I will be formatting your content to fit within the blog, so please expect some changes. Please send me blog content in Microsoft Word. Images should be sent separately; please make sure they are the correct size.
- All blogs subject to editing.
- Readers love bullet points. Whenever possible, please use them.
- When possible, break up large blocks of text with headings.
- We recommend 600 words or less.
The Milton Scene schedules all guest blogs in the most efficient time slot possible. Guest bloggers may not determine the time and date of guest blog postings.
How to submit:
Email us with your suggested topic, any questions, or submission: firstname.lastname@example.org.