Scott MacKay announces candidacy for Park Commissioner
Scott MacKay to seek election for Park Commissioner
Hello Milton neighbors!
Well, it’s official. I am running for Milton Park Commissioner! I am excited to share my ideas for improving our Parks and Recreation Department and enhancing the quality of life for all residents of our Town.
I’m an active Town Meeting Member from Precinct 2 where I live with my wife Carolynn and our four small children. I am a member of the Warrant Committee where I have gained a keen understanding of the town’s budgeting process, and I am a Milton Playground Planners volunteer supporting efforts to rebuild the Town’s four playgrounds. When not at home being a dad or community volunteer, I’m co-owner of an electrical contracting company where I work as chief financial officer. I am a former nonprofit executive and a certified public accountant. I graduated from Boston College High School and Boston College with degrees in both Accounting and Philosophy. I bring 15 years of management, budgeting, operational and executive experience that will add value to the management of Milton Parks and Recreation.
As candidate for Park Commissioner, I propose smart, effective and thoughtful changes to provide better services to residents and improve Parks and Recreation offerings for all Milton residents.
My ideas for changes and improvements:
* Parks and Recreation Department management and operations are ripe for modernization and improvements to enhance the customer experience, streamline processes and improve communications with residents. I will champion a strategic planning process to engage residents and set a plan for the future.
* Parks and Recreation should be contributing participants in town-wide discussions on improving public access at Town Landing, increasing programming for teens and seniors, and identifying a place or places for our teens to gather safely. Those issues will be my top priorities as Park Commissioner.
* I support shifting the operational oversight and management of our Parks and Recreation Department to our Town Administrator allowing for improved accountability and transparency.
* I support consolidating grounds maintenance of all our parks and fields to one central department cutting down on duplicated efforts and saving taxpayers money.
* With cost savings resulting from greater efficiencies, I support increasing recreational programming for all age groups of Milton by two to three times at no additional cost to taxpayers.
In Milton, we deserve more out of Parks and Recreation. I am the experienced candidate with a vision to bring about smart, effective and thoughtful change to improve the quality of life for our town’s residents. Please join me TODAY at the Council on Aging for the first of three televised debates. I’d appreciate your support and your vote on April 24th.