Milton Fire Stations Building Committee meeting to be held August 15
The Town of Milton voted to authorize the Moderator to appoint a Fire Station Building Committee (FSBC) consisting of nine (9) members; and to fund this Committee to allow review of the existing study by the Fire Space Needs Committee of existing operations and conditions of the three existing Milton Fire Department Stations. The committee will be charged to solicit and retain services of an architectural firm and/or other consultants and professional as necessary to refine and develop the initial findings of the Fire Space Needs Committee. The present Fire Space Needs Committee has been funded to date through the generosity of private donations. The design professional shall be charged to:
- Review the recently completed study of the three fire stations, including analysis of existing and proposed sites.
- Investigate, find, propose and seek funds for the renovation and construction of the three Milton Fire Stations.
- Develop design plans and specifications sufficient for bidding and to develop projected project costs estimates and schedules.
- Compare the relative advantages, disadvantages and associated costs of renovation/additions vs. new construction for each station.
The next committee meetings, which are held in Town Hall are as follows, agendas and meeting minutes can be found on the Town Website here in addition to this website.
- Wednesday, August 15 – Conference Room TBD
- Tuesday August 28 – Conference Room TBD