By Melissa Fassel Dunn.
Random Review Wednesday: The best stain remover ever
My family is messy.
Like, really messy. We went through a “drawing period” with my youngest during which she drew (daily) on herself, the walls, the rugs, furniture, really anything. It was a nightmare. She has mostly gotten over that habit, but one time, while at a vacation home, she drew a happy face on the rental’s couch. She later drew its twin on our brand new couch at home.
Luckily I had found – and travel with – Grandma’s Secret Spot Remover.
It works on almost everything. I’ve removed stains, using this, from:
- the vacation home couch – ink
- my couch – ink
- clothing – red wine
- painted furniture – Sharpie
- hardwood flooring – Sharpie
I am constantly finding mystery stains and Grandma’s Secret Spot Remover is my go-to. You only need a few drops and it smells like oranges. Even better, it is an environmentally safe, biodegradable, non-toxic formula. It contains no chlorine or phosphates.
You may need to be patient. Here’s the method I use:
- Ideally, test on an inconspicuous spot to make sure you don’t damage your stained item.
- Apply a few drops to the stain. Rub gently.
- Wait. Let it sit as long as possible.
- Wipe off. It may come off completely or you may need to repeat steps 2 and 3 a few more times.
Note: Do not use this on leather! The citrus-leather combo doesn’t work well.
Grandma’s Secret Spot remover comes in a variety of packs and sizes, and also offers a carpet cleaner, which I have yet to try: