Landscaping tips for your home
Landscaping is a great way to enhance the curb appeal, and boost the home value of your house! It’s amazing that more homeowners don’t take the time to properly landscape their home. While lawn care and green grass is a must for any homeowner, landscaping is an easy and fun way to improve your home’s value and beautify it!
Here are some easy ways to landscape your home and make it the envy of the block!
Curb Appeal is the first impression that guests and potential buyers get of your home. While many focus on the indoor repairs that your neighbors don’t see, doing some quick outdoor updates can easily add up to 10% in curb appeal value to your home!
Clean up your yard
Yards are often overlooked when spring cleaning comes around. The landscaping of your home is the first impression that your home gives, and often is how others visualize your home. Many homeowners leave clutter in their front yard that can make their home look dingy.
Google street views aren’t very forgiving and if your landscaping hasn’t been properly maintained might be a deterrent if your yard is in a bad shape.
Cleaning your yard is a great way to spruce up your yard, and get it ready to landscape. These easy cleaning tips will also improve your landscaping quickly, and cheaply.
- Power washing is so satisfying, not only do you see an instant difference, but it makes everything brighter and cleaner. Power washing isn’t just for sidewalks and driveways, depending on your home type (such as brick and siding) power washing your walls can drastically improve how your home looks.
- Cleaning your windows also will make your home look brighter and cleaner, inside and out.
- You should also clear your yard of any dead plants, trees, and shrubs. Tree removal can be tricky but needs to be removed so that it doesn’t cause damage to you or your neighbor’s homes.
- Additionally you should remove any trash from the property. It is easy for clutter to stack up in our yards, so proper storage, like a shed is handy to make your yard look neater.
Once you cleaned up your yard and have a clean slate to start with the real fun of landscaping can begin.
When adding flowers, thinking seasonally is key. Seasonal blooming flowers will always make a great impression and are a fun way to make your yard stand out. Perennials are great for homeowners who are ready to spend time really laying out their landscape. If you tie in your seasonal and perennial flowers, you can easily get new blooms in every season, and will require minimal maintenance. While planting can take some time, and a bit of elbow grease planting new flowers is a must in any garden.
Potted plants are a great way to start gardening if you aren’t committed to the location. Hanging plants and tropical trees are perfect for more sensitive plants that can still thrive in fickle climates.
Adding fruit trees is a great way to landscape as it offers shades, flowers and fun fruits. Buying mature trees is no easy undertaking, and can cost a lot of money. It is also important to remember to buy trees in the spring as they will grow better. Also make sure to check that the trees you buy can thrive in your climate.
Additional landscaping tips
Once your yard is clear you can start transforming your yard with greens! By adding the right plants, such as flowers, shrubs, trees your yard transformation can begin. One thing many homeowners overlook is the state of the grass in their yards. Many things can affect the grass in your area, but having the right grass for your climate is a must!
The wrong type of grass won’t be able to live well in your area, and will be extremely hard to maintain. For any dirt patches it is important to get the right grass to cover, and make sure it is in a prime condition to grow. Small things such as the amount of shade, and the amount of water your grass gets, can have huge effects on your yard. You can also use grass feeds to keep your yard green and growing.
Another consideration for you landscaping is adding a fresh layer of mulch to your garden beds. Mulch not only adds a nice pop of color, but is a cheap way to make an impression. Consider adding mulch because it pairs especially well with fresh flowers and can be used in the front and back of your home.
A bird bath is something simple that not only looks great, but offers great views of the wildlife in your area. While choosing a bird bath is easy, maintaining it does take a bit of work. Make a routine to clear any leaves, algae, and make sure the water is crystal clear. A simple water feature can make a great centerpiece and pull your landscaping vision together.
Landscaping your home is a great way to make your own special garden, and improve your curb appeal. The following tips make it easy to not only create the perfect yard, but maintain it for beautiful views everyday.
- Clean up your yard: power washing, cleaning debris, and clearing dead plants or trees can improve your landscaping tenfold.
- Adding plants: Whether potted or planted picking bright seasonal and annual flowers will make your home look amazing and growing all year!
- Additional landscaping tips: Add mulch, a bird bath and patch your grass for a beautiful yard.
What is your favorite landscaping tip?
About the Author: Catherine Way graduated from Michigan State University with her Bachelor of Advertising, with a specialization in Graphic Design. She is a content marketer for business, mortgage, and real estate industries. She currently writes and reports for Prime Plus Mortgages – Hard Money Lenders Phoenix.