Ride for Black Lives Matter to take place Saturday, August 29
Saturday, August 29, 2020, 11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The Ride for Black Lives is a bike ride in solidarity with the fight against systems and acts of oppression, police brutality against, criminal injustice system against, and murder of Black people, including and especially those who are LGBTQ+’, disabled, poor, and under control of the criminal justice system.
This is a Black-led and Black-centered solidarity ride co-organized by:
- Boston Bike Party
- CrimsonBikes Cambridge
- Bikes Not Bombs
- Mattapan Food & Fitness Coalition
- byAlexJoachim (www.byAlexJoachim.com)
- Tiffany Cogell, community organizer
- Bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, welcome.
- Wear a black shirt (or come ready to buy one of the event tees) to show solidarity and support for ALL Black lives
- Time: 11:30 a.m. Meet, 12:00 p.m. program Start
- Where: Meet at White Stadium side entrance in Franklin Park
- End: Nubian Square
Black community members will share a few brief words with riders, and the ride will roll out from Franklin Park.
Full details and RSVP: facebook.com/events/947019522790627