Rob Levash announces candidacy for Milton Planning Board
Dear Milton Neighbors:
I am excited to announce my candidacy for a seat on the town’s Planning Board. I am a licensed architect with 20 years of experience and a demonstrated commitment to proactive planning. As Partner at Wilson Butler Architects, I routinely lead large scale design projects, oversee business development, and manage project financials with multimillion-dollar budgets. My background in architecture and project management makes me uniquely qualified to assess and make recommendations related to town resources, zoning, and development.
My desire to serve on the Planning Board is personal as well as professional. My family has called Milton home for the past 14 years. My wife, Jaime is a Library Trustee, and I am a Town Meeting Member in Precinct 10. We are active members of the community and are proud to support the town library, schools, sports, commerce, and neighborhood groups. My daughters, Gabby and Reese, attend Collicot Elementary School. I value our town and community, and I will do everything I can to ensure we are prepared for future growth.
Fourteen years ago, Milton completed a large-scale school renovation project that conveyed the extent to why we value public education. This investment put Milton on the map as one of the best Massachusetts communities in which to raise a family. While we are fortunate to have welcomed new neighbors since then, the recent growth in our town’s population has brought new challenges. These challenges require a Planning Board that is ready to address the issues of overcrowded schools, older town infrastructure, stalled projects, and a high demand for community housing opportunities.
Last year, I was appointed by the Select Board to serve as Vice-Chair of the Community Preservation Committee. In this role, I work closely with town leadership to allocate state and municipal funds to advance community housing, historic preservation, and open space and recreation projects. My work on the Community Preservation Committee has given me a bird’s eye view of the needs and possibilities within our town.
Milton is a small community with big dreams for its families. To ensure a future in which our town will continue to thrive, we must prepare to evolve and implement a proactive planning process. If elected to the Planning Board, I will:
- Develop our housing production plan to increase affordable housing at a scale that preserves and improves the existing character of each neighborhood
- Revitalize our business districts by increasing town amenities such as streetscapes, proper sidewalks, ample parking, and accessibility
- Beautify and maintain our town’s historic sites and recreational facilities for all to enjoy
- Create and improve sustainability standards for redevelopment projects and new buildings
- Commit to Smart Growth planning, which aims to make use of existing infrastructure rather than building on undeveloped land
- Actively engage with neighbors and other stakeholders to ensure Milton residents have a voice in town planning
I am proud to live in Milton and confident that my experience, my passion, and my love for Milton make me the right candidate for Planning Board. I ask for your support and one of your two planning board votes on April 26th.