Rachel Pozzar announces candidacy for re-election to Milton Town Meeting Member, Precinct 8
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
My name is Rachel Pozzar and I’m pleased to be running for re-election as a Town Meeting Member in Precinct 8. I live in Milton with my husband and two daughters, who are students in the Milton Public Schools.
Milton is home to a wonderful community of residents who are dedicated to and care deeply about their town. I’m proud to be a member of this community, and I’m deeply invested in its future. In my first three years as Town Meeting Member, I:
- Served on the Collicot-Cunningham Green Space leadership committee, which successfully fundraised for and built additional recreational space for Collicot and Cunningham students;
- Co-Chaired the messaging committee for the campaign to pass the Community Preservation Act, the implementation of which has earned the town valuable state funds; and
- Diligently researched articles brought to Town Meeting for discussion, including by reviewing and attending town committee and board meetings.
As a nurse scientist, I’ve dedicated my career to the promotion of health, safety, and quality of life. As a Town Meeting Member, I pledge to continue this work on behalf of all Milton residents. I am eager to collaborate with constituents and elected officials to find enduring solutions to current challenges, including:
- Increased enrollment and the need for additional classroom space in the public schools;
- The rising cost of housing and the need to promote smart growth rather than unrestricted development; and
- The need to provide positive social and recreational opportunities for Milton teens.
My research career has prepared me to take a thoughtful approach to problem-solving and to make decisions that are supported by the best available data. In my next term, I’ll continue to use that skill to ensure legislative decisions are based on sound evidence and town resources are used efficiently and effectively.
I care about Milton, and I want everyone from students to seniors to feel confident that their interests are represented at Town Meeting. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time if you would like to speak with me further. I humbly request your vote for Town Meeting Member on April 26, 2022.