Early voting, absentee ballot, and vote by mail information for the September 6 Democratic primary
How do I vote by mail?
The deadline to request a vote by mail application is 5:00 p.m. on August 30, which is the fifth business day before the election.
Send the application back to Milton Town Clerk at Town Hall (address: 525 Canton Ave, Milton, MA 02186). You may also email it to the town clerk as a PDF or clear photo, or fax it to (617) 696-6995.
After that, you get your actual ballot mailed to you. When you’ve finished voting, mail it back to 525 Canton Ave, Milton, MA 02186 as soon as possible (ballots received after the polls close cannot be counted). You may also drop it off at the dropbox at Town Hall.
How do I request an absentee ballot?
You may also request an absentee ballot by submitting an Absentee Ballot Application to the Town Clerk. The application is available online or at any Town or City Clerk’s office. You can submit it by email, fax, dropbox, or mail.
The deadline to request an absentee ballot is 5:00pm on August 31, four business days before the election. To qualify for an absentee ballot, you must either be away from Milton on Election Day, or have a disability or religious belief that prevents you from voting at your polling place.
How do I vote early?
Early voting starts in Milton on Saturday, August 27.
Go to the Blute Conference Room in the Town Hall (525 Canton Ave, Milton, MA 02186) during the opening days and hours listed below:
- Saturday August 27: 12:00pm – 5:00pm
- Monday, August 29: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Tuesday, August 30: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Wednesday, August 31: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Thursday, September 1: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Friday, September 2: 8:00am – 1:30pm
Any voter who is registered as either Democrat or Unenrolled is eligible, unless you are voting by mail.
Milton’s Polling Places
- Precinct 1: Tucker School, 181 Blue Hills Parkway
- Precinct 2: Milton Senior Center, 10 Walnut Street
- Precinct 3: Cunningham Park Community Center, 75 Edge Hill Road
- Precinct 4: Milton Senior Center, 10 Walnut Street
- Precinct 5: Copeland Field House-Milton High School, 25 Gile Road
- Precinct 6: Cunningham School 44 Edge Hill Road
- Precinct 7: Cunningham Park Community Center, 75 Edge Hill Road
- Precinct 8: Cunningham School 44 Edge Hill Road
- Precinct 9: Copeland Field House-Milton High School, 25 Gile Road
- Precinct 10: Tucker School, 181 Blue Hills Parkway