Water Main Flushing to take place April 24
The Milton Department of Public Works (DPW) will be conducting seasonal water main flushing beginning Monday 4/24/23 throughout the southern extra high pressure zone area of Town (see attached map). Signage will be placed in the vicinity of the work area as flushing progresses.
Water main flushing improves the Town’s water quality and is an important part of the water distribution maintenance program.
- You may encounter the following conditions during flushing:
- Open/flowing fire hydrants.
- A temporary drop in water pressure at your residence or place of business.
- Rusty, brown, or cloudy water (These conditions will subside after flushing is complete).
- Avoid doing laundry during flushing operations.
After flushing operations in your area are complete:
- Open a cold-water facet and let water flow until clear. (When available use an outside spigot).
Contact Milton DPW at 617-898-4900 if you have any questions or concerns.