Political introductions on the Milton Scene:
As a courtesy to public servants, the Milton Scene accepts political candidacy announcements for local elections. No independently-posted candidacy announcements are permitted on the Milton Neighbors Facebook group. Announcements must be submitted via the Milton Scene. This is to ensure fairness for all candidates.
Candidacy announcements are due to the Milton Scene no later than three weeks (21 days) prior to the date of the election (Deadline is April 4, 2017 / Election is April 25, 2017). Candidacy announcements received after the due date will not be posted on the Milton Scene or Milton Neighbors.
How to submit your announcement to the Milton Scene:
- Please email your submission to [email protected].
- Submissions sent later than three weeks prior to the election will not be published.
- Please send your announcement in Microsoft Word.
- Please do not send fliers or PDFs.
- Please do not format your content with different fonts, etc. We will be formatting your content to fit the Milton Scene template.
- When referencing event times, please use this style: Feb. 4, 2019, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- We recommend 600 words or less.
- A photo is recommended.
Photos and images:
- Please send your writing and images in separate files (do not embed an image in a PDF or Microsoft Word page).
- The standard size that we use is 777x437px. JPG or PNG file formats preferred.
Advertising for political candidates:
Advertising opportunities are available for political candidates. View our advertising opportunities.